Saturday, January 7, 2012

Foreign student wants to enter University in U.S?

Foreign student wants to enter University in U.S?
I have a legal work permit and Social security number. I'm 28 years old and I live in Florida USA. I would like to enter any University in Miami. I speak English very well. In 2003 I studied 2 semesters of Modern Languages and Pedagogy in a very important university of Colombia (South America). I have never done the TOEFL or SAT and neither have I validated high school (in case I need to). Where exactly should I do begin??? a step by step plan would be perfect. thanks in advance guys. I'm from LATIN AMERICA (just in case) it seems an ignorant thought I was Islamic or Muslim .
Higher Education (University +) - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Quotas are being readjusted radically if you're from any Islamic country so don't hold your breath, and rightfully so. The Al Arian scandal is still fresh in the minds of many in Florida and the USA. So sorry to inform you but Muslims are screened and re-screened and investigated and screened again and rightfully so.
2 :
For correct advise please consult the admissions office of your choice. In general here are some steps you should follow. 1. Identify the school you wish to attend. 2. Consider visiting the school before you apply, as it will have a definite impact on your studies. 3. Application - Fill out an application for either undergraduate or graduate studies. Because you are not an American citizen you may have to apply as an international student. For correct paperwork please consult the admissions office. 4. Financial Aid - Fill out any necessary paperwork with the financial aid office. 5. You indicate that you attended college in Colombia. It is necessary to provide a transcript of which classes you took. This may impact which classes you have to take to graduate.

Read more other entries :