Thursday, March 7, 2013

Where is the best place to live in New York City?


Where is the best place to live in New York City?
Ok. I am looking for a place to live in NYC. For people out there that believe it depends on preference, I completely agree. So with that in mind I will give a little personal information for anyone to help me out. First off I KNOW I want to like in Manhattan so no need to recommend anything else. Second, I am a student and when I head that way I will be attending NYU, Pace, or Colombia.Obviously because I am a student i dont have a lot of money. The highest I could probably afford is between 2,000 to 2,500. Third is my dream and goal is to become a professional actor on Broadway, So I would like something kind of close to 7th street or Broadway. I dont have a problem with roommates actually I've a very social person so I would prefer a roommate or two. Ok thats all the information I think is necessary. Also if you could help answer this question too I would greatly appreciate it. What websites do you recommend to use to find these places or what is the best way to look up these areas, people looking for roommates and such. THANK YOU!
New York City - 5 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
this website serves a lot of information of Relocation Advice. http://www.mydreamlocale.com/Relocation_NewYorkCity.php Check it out yourself. Hope this could help.
2 :
Depends on the burrough. I live in Queens. Howard Beach. I work in Manhattan all day. I like Queens because it is still the city and I can drive or head out or Long Island. Manhattan feels cramped to me.
3 :
You wrote, "I am a student... I will be attending NYU" Well, in that case, stay in NYU Student Housing (see link, below), because it's actually not bad at all, and even with $2000, you really can't afford anything in Manhattan, anyway, certainly not anywhere near where you think you want to be, and student housing will put you in Manhattan, in a decent neighborhood, for an affordable price. What's not to like? ;-) Good luck!... ☺
4 :
You want to be an actor, NYU is the place to be. Connections, connections, connections into show biz. Around Broadway in the Village is doormen apartment buildings. Quite expensive. To save money try the East Village around Tompkins Square Park. Your best bet at NYU as the one above said is Student Housing in the East Village.
5 :
$2000/month is a lot of money. I am sure you could find something in Manhattan for that amount. For another $2000, you could probably use a broker, and they will find you something. NYU, Pace and Columbia are in all different parts of the city. Have you thought of living in the dorms? That is probably your best bet.

Read more other entries :