Thursday, July 14, 2011

What Exchange Student Program would best fit me?


What Exchange Student Program would best fit me?
Let me tell you some information about me that might help you find what i need. I live in the United States, 15 year old sophomore girl, speak English(main language) and Spanish, i am a Christian, and lived in another country for a year. My parents are host parents to a girl from Colombia, South America. Since she has been living with us, i have wanted to be an exchange student. I have looked on the computer for awhile to find a good, cheap Exchange Student Programs to go with but i just havent found the right one that suits me. Also, im still looking for a country i would like to go to. Like i said at the beginning, I can speak English and Spanish, but would rather go to a country that Spanish is not their main language. I prefer English. So if you could please give me some great programs(cheap prices) and some amazing countries that i could choose from that would be a life changing experience. Thank you so much,(:
Studying Abroad - 4 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
For me, (i'm also a 15 year old girl in 10th grade), i chose the Rotary Club when i wanted to do a year abroad. You do have to apply to get in, but everyone is so friendly and helpful and there are many countries to choose from. Its about $4,000 for the whole year if you do get in, but this price is reasonable considering you'll be gone for a whole year. I hope this helped! You should definitely go for it :) http://www.rotary.org/en/StudentsAndYouth/YouthPrograms/RotaryYouthExchange/Pages/ridefault.aspx Good luck!
2 :
I'm looking into becoming a foreign exchange student also :) for the programs I would definitely recommend Rotary. They are the cheapest and very reliable. However, YFU is supposed to be very good also but are more expensive. There are many programs that offer scholarships so with YFU you could go for the price of Rotary. For countries that speak english I would recommend New Zealand or Australia. :) Hope this helped!
3 :
Rotary is really good. I went for a year with them and only had to pay airfair and health insurance. They gave me an allowance for my free time, and sent me on several trips (including an all expense paid trip around Germany) Be very careful when using the internet to find exchange programs, because there are a lot of scams. Be sure to ask you guidance counselor about whatever programs you find.
4 :
The point in being an exchange student is learning another lenguage if you already speak English then go to somewhere else maybe Italy France or Germany ..

Read more other entries :