Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Can I get into UT Austin if i'm first generation?

Can I get into UT Austin if i'm first generation?
I'm a junior at a local austin HS. I am in the 11% of my class of 479 kids. I am in NHS. I have played club volleyball since eighth grade and I play on varsity for my HS. I also played soccer on varsity for a year. I am currently taking Spanish II, AP environmental science, Pre AP algebra II, AP us history, AP english III, and newspaper III. I have been an editor for my school newspaper for two of my three years on staff. We are a nationally ranked paper and recipients of Pacemaker awards and Crown awards (given by Colombia). I am secretary of Student Council and I tutor for AP ambassadors. I was selected for not only the district leadership committee, but the district one as well. I have 4 siblings and am the oldest. I am mexican. I am first generation on both my mother's and father's side. I take my SAT in june. I plan on majoring in English in the College of Liberal Arts. My question is, will I get in?
Primary & Secondary Education - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
You have a lot of extra curricular activities. That's great. Based on your membership in NHS, I suspect your school grades are excellent. Are they? Being Mexican has nothing whatsoever to do with whether or not you'll get into UT or any other school. Seems to me you're a likely candidate for acceptance.
2 :
Definitely. You have exceeded the minimal requirements along with additional extra curricular activities. Well done.

Read more other entries :