Monday, January 28, 2013

Do I look like the stereotypical Mexican?


Do I look like the stereotypical Mexican?
I'm Mexican but some exchange students from Vietnam and Colombia came to my school and told me that I didn't look like the stereotypical Mexican. So according to their logic what other race or ethnicity could they have mistaken me for?? http://s1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb396/Darkarchon1056/?action=view&current=1287415585.jpg
Other - Cultures & Groups - 7 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
no
2 :
no not at all esay .lol
3 :
White. You seem like a milk dud kind of guy. Which i like in my popcorn.
4 :
That's b/c you are missing your sombreo lol.
5 :
Nope.
6 :
you are Mexican but of Ethnicity or Culture you are Hispanic but Racially White.. that means your culture is Hispanic and you are White....:))) as you know Hispanic is not a race it's a Ethnicity Hispanics are mostly White all Hispanic: are 77% White and USA Hispanics are 92.7% so White :))
7 :
Oh here we go again with the stereotypes. They probably don't think you look like a typical Mexican because many non-Mexicans have a pretty warped view of how a Mexican looks. Thanks to media-projected stereotypes, Mexicans are apparently all very short and fat, with huge mustaches and sombreros. Any educated person knows that this isn't true, but the exchange students at your school are obviously very uneducated about Mexico and it's people. Realistically, most Mexicans are Mestizo (a mixture of Native American & Spanish). I think that you definitely look to be of that mix, so I consider you to look like an average Mexican.

Read more other entries :