Saturday, August 7, 2010

They put me in the wrong grade ( i'm a foreign student from colombia) what can i do?


They put me in the wrong grade ( i'm a foreign student from colombia) what can i do?
I came to Miami from Colombia and over there there are 11 grades (12 actually since "transition" is like first grade) i has in 9th so they were supposed to put me in 10th (i was seeing all the things 10 graders are learning now i was even a little more advanced) but they put me as if i was a freshmen because i didn't have the credits and apparently in florida there is no law that says you could do an equivalence and put you in a grade your "not" in so basically they said if i was in 9th they'll put me in 9th (not giving a crap of how the colombian system works) I need to be in TENTH grade WHAT CAN I DO (i studied in miami before in 6 & 7th grade but i left to colombia) please help PS: someone said that theres an office that does the equivalence of the credits for foreign students?????
Studying Abroad - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Go to the high school office and tell them you need to speak with someone about your graduation requirements and credit -- that person will probably be the guidance counselor assigned to you. They can help you figure out transfer credit from your time in Colombia, or if you can move into the appropriate classes. The important thing is to make them want to help you -- don't attack them for making a mistake, just let them know what you need and ask how you can make it happen. Good luck!
2 :
A mi me hicieron lo mismo hace varios años, se suponía que tenia que entrar a segundo pero entré a primero y me atrasaron un año mi vida. Creen que la educación Colombiana es peor pero ni ellos mismos se miran. No se que puedas hacer

Read more other entries :