Friday, August 12, 2011

Exchange student to france?

Exchange student to france?
Hello, i'm in MN and i already decided with my whole family that i'm going to be a exchange student to go to france for my junior year (I go in freshman in august) i have one year studying french, and i already know spanish, Ok..so i yet don't know what program is the best to go to france with, any ideas? has anyone been an exchange student from the us (to any country, or to france) what program did you go with, how was it? also, are there any things i should be aware of about france? do i get credits and especial classes like here in the united states there in paris (like advanced math classes and stuff?) i mean, i used to live in colombia and we didnt get any of that everybody got the same classes (i'm worried i'll get caught up in school work) i know is 2 years away but i want to have it all ready before i begin to save... since is so much money! (Maybe i could get it all in year!)
Studying Abroad - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I'm also planing on studying abroad and I am going with the Rotary Youth Exchange.
2 :
Hi, France is great - I went there an exchange student myself, but trust me: the school system is nothing like at home. So you might just as well forget about getting credits, points, degrees or what not. Now what I would recommend, especially because you still have some time: go on www.best-student-exchange.com, that is an open portal for student exchange where I also found my host families. There are plenty of families from France: why don't you contact one of them and arrange like a 2 or 3 weeks exchange, with one or two or even three families this summer or for next summer, that way you improve your French before starting school, you can check out the country and perhaps on of the families is your preferred family and you can arrange a full-year-exchange with them? For international student exchange for high school students this is the best of all student exchange programs, because it only cost like not even 200$

Read more other entries :