Saturday, December 28, 2013

Can I still get into a decent law school?

Can I still get into a decent law school?
So. It took me awhile to grow up in college and I didn't really become a serious student until my junior year (yeah.. i know. oops). Anyway, I had a 2.8 at the beginning of my junior year and since then have really excelled. I have since had a 3.4, 3.7, and 3.5 in subsequent semesters bringing my overall GPA to almost a 3.2. I know this isn't very high, but I also scored a 171 on my LSATs. I wish that I could go back and change my first two years of college, but I can't so here I am... I went to a fairly difficult school for undergrad (University of Michigan) and I really want to get into a good law school. Is it still possible for me to get into a place like NYU, Colombia or Boston University? If not, could you help me think of some well-known schools to apply at? oh and I double majored and have a minor as well.. (don't know if that makes a difference or not)
Higher Education (University +) - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I believe you will have a shot. Thanks Bill
2 :
The only way you will know for sure is to try. I've seen people that were such poor students that they coppied off of me get into some fine grad schools. UM has a good engineering school & is well thought of in the science fields (I often recruited grads there), but I'm not knowledable about their other fields... though I've heard good things about their academics in general. I say play up your final 2 years to indicate how you've matured, & remember GPA is only part of what they look at. If possible, visit some of the universities you wish to apply to and speak to some grad students & some of the proffs. You may have a proff there at UM that can give you some good pointers or better yet, knows people at a school you wish to apply to.

Read more other entries :