Friday, February 7, 2014

Can I get into SUNY, NYU, Cornell or any other good universities?


Can I get into SUNY, NYU, Cornell or any other good universities?
I am a polytechnic student and I have a GPA of 2.83, 2.44, 2.56 and 2.6 until now! From Electronics and Communication I plan to Get at least 3.7 this semester. However this will bring my Overall GPA to just 2.89. I will be sending this semester's GPA in the mid Year report. I know I have potential but I just messed up everything with video games and friends. I have about 5 extracurriculars like community service, volunteer work, Literature publication, Music recording and theater. I can even have 3.8 in the final semester. can I get in to any of the universities? Please be specific and give reasons. I want to pursue engineering in Computer Science. Also, I have decent SAT scores. over 2230 in Reasoning and 680 to 730 in 3 SAT-II's. NYU SUNY CORNELL WSU CALTECH NJIT PSU Princeton University of Maryland Colombia Also please suggest some universities that I can get into with the above scores. Something that is better than these..
Higher Education (University +) - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Are you still in high school or are you wanting to transfer from one college to another? With your GPA, NYU, CalTech, Princeton, Cornell and Columbia are not realistic. Don't know what WSU you're referring to, but it's probably going to be difficult to get into any out-of-state college with those grades. You should be able to get into one of the lower- or middle-tier SUNYs, however. If you're still in high school, your best bet may be to go to community college, be serious about your work, get high marks and then transfer to a four-year college

Read more other entries :