Friday, February 14, 2014

Overprotective parents?


Overprotective parents?
Ok. I moved from Colombia to NYC last year to go to college. Everything is going great so far. I met a guy, fell in love and we've been dating for 5 months now. However, my parents (dad) are EXTREMELY overprotective of me. They let me come to NYC but now my dad hates the fact that Im dating a guy just because school should be my first and ONLY priority. What he doesn't understand is that dating this guy is not interfering with my studies whatsoever. If anything it's actually making me improve my grades. My dad doesn't understand this and says he's too old for me (6 year difference, which is the same difference that my dad and mom have between each other) and how he's not worth it or so and he disapproves of my relationship. I told him I am sorry he felt that way but he can't changed the fact that I love this guy. My dad threatened me to take me home with them and continue my studies there, if my grades fall. They are not bad and he just wont think of it in that way. He says I should have A's instead of B's. I was NEVER an A+ student and I will never be, but my dad can't accept that I am not the superstar he wants me to be. I want to not depend on their money but I can't work in the US if I don't get a working visa. What should I do? Should I "run" away from home and stay here in NY, look for a job and forget about them? Or what?
Family - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
i know how over protective parents are and i think you should just stand up to your dad and tell him that you will never be as perfect as he wants you to be. tell him you love your bf and make him understand that age doesnt matter. if he gets mad what can he do? spank you? put you in time out? you are too old for that kind of stuff.

Read more other entries :