Wednesday, September 1, 2010

How to change a work visa to a student visa in US?

How to change a work visa to a student visa in US?
I am currently working in the US for a family. I already extended once and I am scheduled to go back at the end of the year. I would like to change my visa from a work visa to student visa so I can finish studying here and keep working for the family here, they want me to stay with them. I was wondering how long the process took and how I would do it. I already have a degree in English and French from a college back home in Colombia.
Immigration - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
you'd first have to apply and be accepted at a US university or college. they would have to issue you an I-20 student form and register you in the SEVIS student database. at that point, you would need to file an I-539 with USCIS to change status. if it's approved, you could remain in the US in student status, but if you left the US and wanted to return, you'd have to apply for a student visa back home before you could come back. you can find the form at www.uscis.gov in the forms section. I think the filing fee is $300.

Read more other entries :