Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Im traveling to Colombia for 7 days and I was wondering how much to bring?

Im traveling to Colombia for 7 days and I was wondering how much to bring?
Im traveling to Colombia for 7 days and I was wondering how much to bring? I am a poor student on a budget so I do have a spending limit. thanks in advance I will be in Medellin
Other - Latin America - 6 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
where is that ?
2 :
one or two hundred dollars.
3 :
Get a Debit card! Use that to get Colombian cash from ATM machines. Don't bring a lot of currency, just fifty bucks to get you around until you find an ATM. Then take out what you need and only that. The charge for this security is very small when you consider the safety it will buy you. ATMs are virtually everywhere. Do be careful when you use one to know who is standing around you, or use the ones inside a grocery store or a pharmacy. They are safest. It's the best and safest way to handle money in Colombia.
4 :
Depends on where you are going in Colombia.
5 :
Edison is right. Take your ATM card. I like DaVivienda you can get 500k pesos per day. DONT take a lot of cash. Good way to get robbed or worse. Dont flash cash.. and if at all possible hang with friends who speak spanish.
6 :
Medellin is awesome I live here, how is your spanish?? Hook me up if you want or need any help. Edison is def. right the service charge is 1.50 gbp and carrying a debit card is safer here than anywhere else in the world as even if you lose it, for someone else to use it they will have to provide a matching name photo ID + your passport number to pay for anything. So it's all good. When are you coming? We have the Christmas lights up at the moment and they are amazing

Read more other entries :