Friday, August 12, 2011

15 year old exchange student in France... i think i want to go back home. HELP PLEASE! :(?

15 year old exchange student in France... i think i want to go back home. HELP PLEASE! :(?
its only been 2 weeks, i miss my family like crazy, Schools not doing too good. I thought i knew french, until i got here :(.. (I can understand it and read it but i cant speak it) it feels like being locked in a cage where someone talks to you and you cant find the right words to respond even though u want to. I miss my mom like crazy, i miss my home, my room, my family, my friends, my school, my teachers.. the food in my country (Colombia).. ugh. mayube i shouldve waited.. 15 is too young. Idk what to do, my host family are amazing but i still miss my family like crazy, I talked to the program and my host mom and asked if i REALLY REALLY wanted (had) to go back, if i could go back early, and they said yes. But theres no money back,, anyways money isnt the problem!! Has anyone done a student exchange before???? helppp :( :( i want to go back home!! :( and its only been 2 weeks!! and Im supposed to be here for A YEAR!! if i go back early,, it would AT MINIMUM be at 4 or 5 months. I havnt told my parents anything yet (about me wanting to go back home early) because i dont want them to think they payed all this (very expensive) for nothing,, they think Im having a great time and that i'll be able to do the whole year but i cant!! im too weak! idk i just cant :( :( :( HELP :( ill feel like ill let them down.. like they were so happy about me coming here.. like so proud that i was taking this huge step.. ughh HELP :( :(
Studying Abroad - 4 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
You wanted to play professional mature student, now you got it. Instead of running home to mommy try and stick it out and become the adult your parents are investing all this time and money to make you one.
2 :
Do what Idaho says
3 :
I can understand this is a difficult situation, I've been through the same!!! I think you shouldn't give up because you'll regret it for the rest of your life. The first few weeks are going to be the hardest but don't worry I'm sure you'll soon find your marks. Somedays you'll feel so lonely it's going to hurt and somedays you'll think you're the luckiest person ever!!! if you want to talk more don't hesitate!
4 :
I totally get what you mean. I think that you should try to stay for a little while longer. You probably went on this trip because you are interested in learning french further. I think that as your trip progresses you will grow to enjoy it and you will gradually begin to understand french more and more. I think that even after a few more weeks you will be impressed by how much you've grown. I get homesick too. Why don't you send them a postcard or letter. If you don't want to mention your homesickness, why don't you tell them about your host parents and about the sights you've seen so far. Maybe you can arrange a time to video chat with them or skype with them or something. Also, maybe you can discuss them visiting you sometime soon. I don't know if visiting will make you more or less homesick. Maybe if you just try to focus on your work and on enjoying the food and culture of France, you'll get less homesick. Good luck and I hope everything goes well!

Read more other entries :