Sunday, July 7, 2013

Where can I find a room close to USF(Tampa,Fl) in a host family house?


Where can I find a room close to USF(Tampa,Fl) in a host family house?
I´m from Colombia and I´ll be studying at USF (University of South Florida-Tampa,Fl) this fall 2011. I´m interested to have a cultural and language experience with an American Family close to the university. I´am 19 years old, and I´m a graphic design student in 5th semester at the Universidad del Norte in Barranquilla, Colombia. I plan to be there from July to December 2011, basically for just 1 semester, and I´m pretty sure I wont have classes everyday so I could help with houseworks and everything the family may need. If you are interested or if you know somebody could be interested, please let me know as soon as possible. Thanks !
Other - United States - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I suggest you check the college employment office and the college housing office. Those are the two places that kind of situation would be listed.
2 :
USF has an office for international students. Here is the web-site: http://usfweb2.usf.edu/admissions/international/. If your school works with USF on a student exchange program, then your own school should be able to help you find a host family. If not, contact the USF foreign affairs office. If there is a local registry for host families, they will be able to direct you to the correct people. However, when I lived on campus, I frequently had foreign exchange students staying in my dorms. The foreign exchange students were not kept with host families, but were placed on campus. This way, they had exposure to local students, and local culture, and lived with students who were studying the same subjects as them. Living on campus may give you the cultural immersion you are looking for.

Read more other entries :