Monday, April 14, 2014

What college is right for me? ?

What college is right for me? ?
I am currently a senior at a blue ribbon high school in Mass. My grade point average currently is a 96. I have traveled to Africa, China, India, Thailand, and Brazil for service projects. I am currently an Eagle Scout. I have taken 5 AP courses throughout my high school years and have only taken 1 honors class. I take flying lessons on the weekends and work for the special olympics. I teach children Italian with special needs. I currently have an internship as a sports writer with Sports Illustrated. This summer I wil be attending Brown University for a marine biologist Research lab this summer. I have taken the ACT twice. My first score was a 21 and my second score was a 27. I feel like I am a well rounded student. I currently have my Uncle who is a professor at Iowa checking my college essays and my Research papers. My grades are all in the 90's right now. I have played varsity soccer for my school four years in a row. I was the only starting freshman ever to make varsity. I am interested in Brown University, Colombia, Rutgers, University of Miami, Harvard University, and lastly Princeton University. I would appreciate if you can give me some advice and ideas about these schools. I am thinking of applying early to Princeton! Thank you for your support!
Higher Education (University +) - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Everything else sounds amazing (maybe take a few more APs), but what happened on the ACT? The full score is 36, so you basically got 75%. Colleges will probably ask questions about that when they see your application. Keep in mind, Princeton's early program in particular is *extremely* self-selective - only the elite among Princeton's already very selective applicant pool apply early. Maybe try taking the standarized tests again - if you get above a 34 on the ACT, then I'd say you're in as good of a shape applying to Princeton and Harvard as anyone can get. Good luck. ps - Your Sports Illustrated internship suggests an interest in journalism. Have you considered Northwestern?
2 :
How should we know? You sound like Ivy League material, but why University of Miami? I'd say it depends on what you want to do with your life, if you have a clue, and which school has the most interesting and comprehensive program for that discipline. For example, I probably wouldn't go to the University of Nebraska if I was interested in marine biology, and I wouldn't go to a liberal arts college if I was interested in engineering. PS: Your ACT scores are still low for Ivy League, though. Perhaps your SATs are better? PPS: Do your own papers, and stop asking your uncle to check your work.
3 :
Wooooooow! That is one one impressive list! As far as im concerned, you'll probrably end up getting acceptance letters from ALL of those universities. But selecting one depends on what you want to major on. You need to make sure those universities offer the majors that you are interested in. Also consider location. Maybe you want to go somewhere sunny or maybe not. Somewhere far or near from home? I'd wish you good luck but I don't think you'll need it!

Read more other entries :