Friday, October 1, 2010

How long does the process of student visa takes?

How long does the process of student visa takes?
Filled out my request for a university student from Denver, Colorado. I am awaiting a response. to proceed to the next step of filling the visa formularion and thus send it to the American Embassy in Colombia. my question is how long it takes to give me a student visa? college next semester begins in the fall of 2010. wanted to know if I have to travel to that date or I can travel as soon as I get the visa. or someone has experience in this case, who can explain everything about this visa. Thx
Embassies & Consulates - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Most embassies can print the visa the day after the interview if everything was in order and you were authorized by the officer. You may apply for a student visa up to 120 days in advance, and enter the U.S. up to 30 days before the program start date listed on your I-20 form from the University. It's best to apply for your visa well in advance in case there are any problems or your application requires additional processing. If you wish to enter more than 30 days before the start of the program, you'll need to apply for and qualify for a visitor visa and change non-immigrant status in the U.S. with an I-539 application ($300). You need to make this intent clear to the consular officer at the Embassy/Consulate and the Customs and Border Patrol immigration inspector at the port of entry.

Read more other entries :