Monday, March 28, 2011

With a PhD in chemistry & an MBA in Int'l Business, is there a job (eg, teaching) for an American in Colombia?


With a PhD in chemistry & an MBA in Int'l Business, is there a job (eg, teaching) for an American in Colombia?
My wife is from Cali and I have been there to visit 3 times. So I have some knowledge and a lot of appreciation for Colombia and its people. With the "live-in tutor," my Spanish is getting stronger and my listening comprehension is at the point where I can follow the news. Ideally, Cali would be great because my young children can get to know my wife's side of the family better. Other cities like Bogota and Medellin would be good too. As to what I could offer a prospective employer, I am a native English speaker. Moreover, I have more than 15 years of industrial R&D and manufacturing support; along with 5+ years of teaching and tutoring adult students in chemistry, mathematics and other physical sciences in university and community college settings. I have also done projects in the areas of economic development and technical customer service (usually manufacturing troubleshooting).
Higher Education (University +) - 4 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Dont go there, it is unsafe
2 :
If you've been there 3 times and have an appreciation for the country, why ask here? Also why the "(e.g. teaching)". With those credentials, you would probably get a higher paying job than teaching in whatever country.
3 :
you should check the peace corps. to see if they place people in colombia.
4 :
http://www.daylon.com/mba/ that site has a great amount of information on the MBA degree & universities offering the degree.

Read more other entries :