Thursday, June 28, 2012

What does it realistically take to get into Colombia's Teaching College?

What does it realistically take to get into Colombia's Teaching College?
I am in my final year as an undergraduate at my state university. I will be graduating in May with honors in Political Science and a minor in Education and a GPA of 3.53 with 3.75 in my major. I am the: President of Sigma Chi Eta, a national honor society for students who excel in speech Vice President of Tau Sigma, a national honor society for transfer students Member of ODK, a national leadership honor society President, Founder, & Coach of the Great Dane Debate Team of UAlbany A volunteer at the Achievement Academy charter middle school And I have other extras like being a member on the schools kickboxing team. I have four years of field experience working in a classroom I am worried though, because I am coming from a SUNY undergrad school that I won't get into an IVY league graduate program. What do you think my chances are honestly? Do I have enough creditials or what else is important to have before going graduate school besides my GRE scores.
Higher Education (University +) - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
One of my own kids went to a very fine undergrad school, then did her Masters at TC. Get an excellent score on the GRE and apply. A bit of reality - after being awarded her Masters, she had to wait in line for jobs with everyone else, including the grads from "Cow Pasture U." Nobody cared about her Ivy League degree - nobody.

Read more other entries :