Sunday, November 7, 2010

As a grad student, are you normally permitted to sleep in dorms of that university?

As a grad student, are you normally permitted to sleep in dorms of that university?
Yes, my question is really that simple. I tried googling but couldn't find anything. I'm asking about Colombia btw.
Higher Education (University +) - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
What do you mean, sleeping in dorms? If what you mean is staying in dorms, I think graduate students can do that. But if you need a place to sleep for a night or two because you have something important to do in the campus, I don't think there's a vacant place in dorms. I'm not studying in Columbia, but I used to be a research student in a uni. As a research student I got a small office in the faculty building, and I usually slept in the office if thesis writing was overwhelming. I didn't need to obtain a permission from the faculty to stay overnight but I needed to let the janitors know I was there. Otherwise they would be very shocked to see someone already in the office at 5am! :)
2 :
Only if you have a signed contract. :) But yes, they do have housing options for graduate students, including "dormitory-style suites." They also offer help to students who want to find their own housing.

Read more other entries :