Thursday, November 14, 2013

For experts in UK immigration experts?

For experts in UK immigration experts?
Hello, and I've reached the age where college is now in my sights, and I have a few questions regarding immigration. I would highly like to attend business school in the UK as an undergrad. I am an American citizen (Naturalized, born in Colombia). I was wondering how I could obtain a visa and then permanent residency, as I hope to live and work in the UK. With a Student visa, could I legally work (Which is obviously essential in college)? If the answer to the previous question is no, how could I get legal work, can I get another visa on top of a student one at the same time? How long is the "visa term"? Is it easy to renew a visa? How do I become a resident, and then citizen? -Please don't bother with things like "Why leave the greatest country ever?" or "Why not study in the US", which I've been told on more than one occasion. I've already made my mind. -First answer that clearly answers my question wins. Thanks.
Immigration - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Wowww. Even British people can't get their hands on education in the UK as all vacancies have been taken by the infestation of Muslims which have come from Pakistan. And if you want to go Uni, the gov have just changed fee's to £9000 A YEAR.
2 :
You need a Tier 4 (general student) immigration application. A Tier 4 visa allows you to attend university and work up to 20 hours per week in the UK. Entering the UK under this type of visa does not, however, grant you any rights to residence there. You have to renew your visa annually since Tier 4 usually allows you no more than 12 months at a time. In order to stay in the UK after finishing your studies you have to apply for Tier 1 visa (post-study worker). If your application is successful you will be allowed to look for work during the time you are involved in post-graduate activities such as working on your thesis. Tier 1 allows you to legally remain in the UK for two more years. Eventually, if things go to plan you will receive a job offer and obtain a work permit. From this point on the clock begins ticking towards receiving Indefinite Leave to Remain (IRL), which is basically permanent residency. ILR does not bestow citizenship but lets you live and work in the UK without a further time limit on your stay. ILR is granted only after you reside in the UK for five years (time spent at university and post-study does NOT count). One year after receiving ILR you can apply for naturalisation as a British citizen. So, it's a long and difficult process to attain British citizenship if you are not from Europe and don't have any family ties to the UK.

Read more other entries :