Wednesday, May 28, 2014

I want to study one year in USA?


I want to study one year in USA?
Hi... I'm from Colombia, I live in Bogotá. I'm 20 years old and I will graduate on Graphic Design this year. I would love to go to US for a year, after I finish my career in september to study english and to have a new experience for my life living in a huge multicultural country like US, I'd love to travel around the country and meet new people and places... I want to get as much as I can from this trip to grow up in every aspect of my life and of course get a perfect english... I don't have too much money to make this trip, but I want to make it so badly, so I'd like to know.... --->Which city do you recommend to study with affordable costs (education, transportation, food...)? --->Is there a posibility for me to live with a host family to make it cheaper? --->How much money do I need to live for year in the US? ---> Do I need to apply right now for a Student Visa? Which things do I need to apply for it? Any information/answer you have about my questions or if you are/were on my situation and found something helpful, it means a lot to me if you share it here! THANKS!!!
Studying Abroad - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
You won't last. Settle for a country with no taxes or you're doomed. Try Europe or somewhere in the Middle East.
2 :
You can't apply for a student visa until you've been accepted to a school. They'll give you all the documents you need and information about other things you'll need to provide. For cheap living you'll need to look for a small town - avoid pretty much every major city and anything on the coasts. A host family may be a possibility but it will depend on the program. Depending on the school you attend, plan on about $30-50,000USD for a year - financial aid is very difficult for international students to get. Your first step is to start researching study programs. After that you'll be able to figure out the finances and other requirements.
3 :
Hi there...What type of courses are you looking for? English courses? certificate programs? It sounded like you're looking for something short term. Therefore, I would assume you're looking for English or ESL courses. Such programs allow foreign students to gain cross-cultural experience while improving their English in the United States. They provide fun-learning experience as students can meet people from around the world and yet learning the local culture. --->Which city do you recommend to study with affordable costs (education, transportation, food...)? Florida is one of the cheapest cities with low living standard in America plus the weather is ideal for international students. Also, many other sub-urbans could be a good choice for lower expenses area to live in. --->Is there a posibility for me to live with a host family to make it cheaper? Yes, you can easily apply to an English or ESL programs with host family placement. There are a few good reasons to live with a host family: 1. They include meals and utilities. Usually, 2 meals a day. You only have to pay a fixed fee, which with an average of $200 to $280 a week. 2. They provide total immersion to the local culture to gain cross-cultural experience 3. They provide more chances to improve your English as you can practice your English in the daily basis --->How much money do I need to live for year in the US? The estimated expenses for a month for living in a city is about $1000 to $1500. So, you can expect to spend a little less in sub-urban or smaller cities. ---> Do I need to apply right now for a Student Visa? Which things do I need to apply for it? Yes, you will need a student visa to live off a year in the country. Before applying for student visa, you will need to be accepted by a school. Then, you will receive a form I-20 from the school and you will used it for visa application. If you need further assistance, check out www.admissionsbridge.com. They offer courses throughout the United States and can help you to find an affordable course to meet your needs for FREE!

Read more other entries :