Monday, July 14, 2014

University of choice is Stanford. Am I good enough? Help Please!!?


University of choice is Stanford. Am I good enough? Help Please!!?
I am a 16 year old coming up on her Junior year of high school. I want to major in Political Science at Stanford and hopefully go to law school there as well. My dream job would be to become a divorce/family relations lawyer. I would say that I am pretty smart. I really really really fucked up my sophomore year of high school. Bringing my class rank from 27 to 69 (I'm still top 10%) and my cumulative GPA from 4.4 to 4.0. But my junior year is coming up and I've heard that's the most important. I am taking two honors and an AP class. Now I know it's not much but senior year I'm going to take three AP and three honors. I'm pretty involved in school. I'm in thespians, the musical, speech team and hopefully student council and prom committee. If I pull myself together and get straight A's and bring my class rank down back to the top 5%, pull my cumulative GPA to over a 4.3 and I kick some butt in the entire admission process, do you guys think I could make it? And if not Stanford University, maybe Colombia University? That is my second choice. I would really really appreciate your honesty and advice! Thank you so much.
Higher Education (University +) - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Going to a college doesn't help you getting into their law school, and you do not need to attend a top law school to be a divorce lawyer. That job often doesn't pay very well, so you're much better off at a state school where the program would be much cheaper - there are tons of out of work lawyers who can't pay off their student loan debt, and 7 years at Stanford would cost a ridiculous amount of money. Same for Columbia (Colombia is the country, Columbia is the university). Anyway, everyone applying to Stanford has the highest grades in the hardest classes and very high test scores, and they take less than 10% of applicants. Also, they want unweighted GPAs. Right now, you're not competitive for a top school.

Read more other entries :