Monday, November 14, 2011

Is Colombia safe?

Is Colombia safe?
I know it might not be very safe to live there.. I don't know.. but I want to visit my exchange student who lives in Bogotá, and she says that she'll take me to safe areas. My parents don't think it's a good idea because of all of the information they've heard about the drugs and the terrorists. I would only be down there for a couple weeks, is that a good idea? I'm also worried because I have light skin and very light brown hair and I know I will stick out. Is it safe for Americans?
Other - Latin America - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
if you want to visit him , then do it ! but it's defenetely not a safe place i'm southamerican and i'm telling you
2 :
Most of Colombia is safe for Americans, especially Bogota. As long as you have your friend with you and you keep smart like you would in any place you travel to you will be fine. (like dont flash money around, go in dark allies, drink somthing that you left unattendend or that someone else opened for you while yo werent looking etc...) This is all assuming that you know and trust the exchange student. You have met themor alked to them extensivly, you have their address and info and you gave it to your parents etc. If you want to get more specific travel advise about Colombia you should ask people at www.colombianblog.com Good luck! I really hope you get to go, it is a beautifull country and will be a great experience, i'll be so jealouse! P.S. I wanted to add that Colombians come in all shapes sizes and colors, even blonde. Your looks might not make you stand out but your clothing and accent would... ( not a bad thing though)

Read more other entries :