Friday, March 14, 2014

I'm confused about my future...?...?

I'm confused about my future...?...?
I'm an Indian 10th grade student. I live in Dubai. My personal choice for my future is to be a psychiatrist but my dad wants me to go for finance. There is a lot of scope in that line for jobs, agreed. But I'm not interested. What should I do about that? Also, my dad, mom and I have a PR of Canada but I have a 5 month old sister who isn't getting. If I have to continue my education in Canada, I want to go with my entire family. But then, even if I do get to Canada, I will have to repeat a year due to my age. I just turned 14 last Sunday. Even being in Canada, I need to know some good colleges and universities. I was thinking University of British Colombia but the fact remains that these places are quite expensive and I don't want to financially strain my parents. (We come from a middle-class Indian family). So if I plan to continue my education in India, there is lots of competition. I won't be able to get in on merits because even though I am a topper here, there are people much more talented than me in India. So dad will have to bribe. I also don't want to go to private college because i) They take a lot of "official donations" and ii) I'm not even confident about the quality of education or the value of the degree. I don't know what to do and my board exams are in March, 2012. Help, fast! Thanks.
Other - Education - 5 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Indian,huh? You could be a rain dancer!
2 :
girl try and talk to your dad.cause i belief you have to go where your interest is.
3 :
Well u need to let ur parents know that its ur life and decision about ur future ..u should choose wat u like not wat they like cuz then in ur future u wont be success full at all! The 2 majors u have provided r both great but completely different so think and research about it. If u come to Canada u have a higher chance in education i can provide u very good universities in Canada and Dubai. You r still gr 10 u have 2 years to think. Which school do u go to in dubai? hope it helps! Good luck!
4 :
better go to india and get admission in a medical school so you become a psychiatrist.
5 :
If you don't do what you're interested in, you won't be any good at it. UBC is a good college. Bribery is despicable.

Read more other entries :