Friday, March 7, 2014

Is Marijuana going to ruin my life again?


Is Marijuana going to ruin my life again?
Hello everyone. I quit smoking marijuana a little over two months ago and have not picked up a pipe since. However, I left the drug behind out of pure circumstance. My life was not going well. I had just gotten out of a terrible relationship where my self-esteem was left hanging by a string, and I had ultimately been used under my nose by a rotten girl for around 10 months. My aunt presented me with the opportunity to live in Bogota, Colombia with my family to get away from things until January 2010. I had taken more than a year away from my studies, which previously were at ASU, and I needed to get back on track. I took advantage of the opportunity and I was on a plane the next week. I smoked a joint of Pineapple Kush the night before the flight. Until two months ago, I was an every day pot smoker. Actually, until two months ago, I was a pot dealer/occasionally other stuff dealer. Everyone I know and all of my friends are either drug dealers, or drug users. I'm talking about a very large circle of friends that I ended up becoming very popular with because... well... I was their hookup and smoke-bro most of the time. Even when I wasn't slanging buds, I was smoking chronic every day for pretty much free, shrooming on weekends sometimes, and drinking in excess at times. To be perfectly honest, I really liked drugs. I've dropped acid around 6 or seven times and dropped extacy various times as well. I've been totally sober here in Bogota for a little over two months, and I'm seeing my life completely differently. Before I left, I purchased a book called The Success Principles, by Jack Canfield in the wake of my turbulent relationship's end. I've read it three times through now and it has really shown me that I am worth more than the life I previously created for myself, and that it is my personal obligation to avoid the things in my life that are going to take me away from success, health and general well-being. The Dilemma. My mom called the other night and told me she would like me to start squaring away the student loans and financial aid paperwork so that I could start in the august semester. Since I got here, I've somewhat communicated with my old circle of friends through AIM and MSN. I've gotten pictures and videos from them saying "What's up man! We miss you bro! Here's to you dog! *toke* *toke* *bong rip*" I'm not saying I don't appreciate it, but I left the US to get away from that and find what was right for me, and now I'm going back early and I have doubts. My doubts are: "Am I going right back to where I came from"? "Will all this be for nothing"? Sometimes, I sit at night and think "I would give anything to get high off some bomb chronic right now. Even a few vicodin and a few beers would do the trick". I want to be sure that I have the stength to say "I'm sorry I just can't do this anymore, I have to focus on school and my degree" before I return. I just don't know if I have it yet. Honestly, I'm worried. I know what some of these answers are going to look like, and I know I'm going to be told that I have to detatch myself from the negative influences I had before, and I'm trying hard to accept that, although it's happening slowly. I know that if I had never gone out into that field with my best friend when I was 18 and smoked those two grams of chronic he got for the first time, I would be in a totally different place today. I might have my degree already or have landed a solid job with some financial firm like I always wanted. I am hoping someone out there has had a somewhat similar experience so that I don't have to invent a wheel here. I hope someone can give me some advice on what I can do to lose my urge to smoke and be ready to take on life when I get back to the States. I know this story might be a little out of order and filled with holes, but I appreciate anyone who answers for trying to help out. Edit: I just wanted to add that I'm not against the use of marijuana, but it has caused it's problems in my life (socially more than anything) and lead to other things for me. I know there are people out there who successfully self-medicate regularly and have not experienced the same problems. Thank you for your input.
Other - Health - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
udde trees are the way to go dont let nothign stop you from doing what you do being you ight u want bud u do bud dnt let shit take control of that mannn
2 :
yes
3 :
NO dont listen to them fagggggettsss pot ruined my life i dont feel the same anymore and i wish i neve smoked before its stupid my dad could of joined the yankees base ball team bu he shose to smoke pot

Read more other entries :